bucky receiving conscription notice
bucky desperately trying to apply for conscientious objector status so he can stay home and look out for steve
bucky being rejected and told to report to basic training no later than tomorrow at seven am
bucky swaggering in, throwing an arm around steve’s shoulders, telling him he enlisted to fight the nazis, trying to ignore the way that steve’s face falls when he hears the news
Daily reminders about Erwin Smith (just things I see that go forgotten):
- He is not at all egotistic, regardless of the power his position holds.
- He devised a formation on his own with the intention of saving lives.
- He is wiling to sacrifice himself if need be and he accepts he is as replaceable as his men.
- He used his gear with one hand.
- Lasted an entire day with a fatal injury, only passing out once his men reached the wall safely.
#the thing i love the most about erwin smith is how if you don’t think about it#if you take first impressions as gospel truth#he comes off as callous#throwing soldiers away with every breath#but if you do stop to think a bit more#you start to notice how he isn’t callous#he just understands that unless he and his soldiers run full pelt at the goal of defeating the titans#regardless of the sacrifice necessary to do so#they’ll all fail#and not only would that make every death in vain#but it would doom every citizen within the walls to die a soldiers bloody and ignoble death#i have a lot of feelings about erwin#he makes sacrifices knowing it’s the only way they might win#i have a lot of feelings about the harsh but beautiful world of snk in general actually#snk#erwin#whoops that was an excessive ramble